This blog is not a food blog, but I occasionally write about healthy eating and food waste as a part of my green living adventure. Today’s blog post is about how my husband and I feasted on leftovers – buffet style. 😎
I tend to be creative with limited options. I like false scarcity in that sense. When I had a chance to do something with the leftovers today, not just cooked leftovers but leftover vegetables too, I ended up creating a buffet style menu for lunch and dinner.
I not only saved food from going to waste but also relished some memories. Sauteed cauliflower is my mom’s invention. Cauliflower butter masala pasta over rice is mine, although I built it upon an existing cauliflower butter masala recipe taken from somewhere else. I tried Parsi omelette for the first time today, and it tasted delicious!
For those of you interested in the recipes:
- Parsi omlette
- Chole and pattice (aka tikki) from here
- Gobi (cauliflower) butter masala
- Sambhar, you’ll find plenty of variations and videos of this item
- Cabbage pattice: Mix different kinds of flours + onion + cabbage + turmeric + coriander powder + cumin powder + salt + red chilli powder. Shallow fried.
- Moong sprouts salad: Moong sprouts + onion + tomato + salt
- Sauteed cauliflower: Butter + mustard seeds + red chilli powder + cauliflower
What do you do with your leftovers?