Back in India we had our own washing machine-cum-dryer. We didn’t give it to the Dhobi Ghats in Mahalakshmi, world’s largest laundry located in Mumbai. We used to do it everyday and then reduced it to four times a week because we figured out we didn’t have to. Here in the US in the apartment we live, we have a laundry room downstairs. I do it once almost every week on some week day. I’ve used Tide and Wegmans brands so far. I wanted to know from you if you are using any eco-friendly product for your laundry or have any energy/money saving tips as well from experience. For example, you could answer some specific questions like:
- Do you do it on so that you save on the off-peak rates at the place you live? Do you do it at night? What’s the best time to do laundry?
- Do you have your own washing machine or do you use any other service?
- Do you do it everyday or once a week or any other frequency?
- Have you been meaning to switch to better greener practices and haven’t yet
- Do you have a environment friendly laundry service nearby that you use?
- Do you wash in cold water or hot water?
- Do you dry in a dryer or dry naturally on a string?
- Does choosing eco-friendly options save you money or cost you more?
- Do you wash some clothes more often and other not so much?
- Do you wash clothes with your hand?
I’d love to know how you keep your laundry process simple yet green. Comment below.
P.S.: I saw this video that has a laundry room in it. It is groovy!